If you would like anymore information or would like to join the Lyn Valley Playgroup Committee please contact the Chair-person on (01598 ) 753336 Or write to Lyn Valley Playgroup, P.O. Box 4, Lynton Post Office, Lee Road, Lynton, Devon, EX35 6YT
Sessions are held from Monday – Friday Mornings from 9.30 – 12.00
Parent and Toddler session Friday 1.30pm – 3.30pm
We are eligible for government funding for children from the term after their 3rd Birthday.
Session price £3.75 paid at the beginning of each half term.
Childcare Tax Credits available through the Working Families Tax Credit can be used at this setting.
Information on the group’s most recent Ofsted Report can be found on the dedicated Ofsted webpage.
Childcare Tax Credit
The Childcare Tax Credit is part of the Working Families Tax Credit. It is payable to many working families to help them with their childcare and Pre-school costs.
Families can apply if:
- They meet the criteria for Working Families Tax Credit.
- The applicant is a lone parent working at least 16 hours a week, or a couple where both partners work at least 16 hours a week.
- The childcare used is registered or meets quality criteria.
All eligibility for the Childcare Tax Credit ceases when families earn around £24,000 per annum, for families with one child in childcare, and £32,000 per annum, for families with more than one child in childcare. Childcare Tax Credit will be worth up to 70% of the eligible childcare costs, subject to the following maximums:
- Up to £135 a week childcare costs for one child – maximum weekly Childcare Tax Credit payments will be £94.50 for families with one child.
- Up to £200 a week childcare cost for two or more children – maximum weekly Childcare Tax Credit payments £140 for families with two or more children.
Childcare Tax Credit is tapered – the less a family earns, the more Childcare Tax Credit it will receive. Employers pay it to eligible families through the wage packet.
For more information about Working Families Tax Credit/Childcare Tax Credit telephone the WFTC Helpline: 0845 609 5000.
Application forms are available from:
- Post Offices
- Citizens’ Advice Bureaux
- Job Centres
- Benefit Agency Offices
- Telephoning the WFTC Helpline: 0845 609 5000
A Carer/Parent helper rota is posted in the entrance hall. We would be very grateful for your continued support with the rota. If you have any queries or would like any further information about the Carer/Parent helper rota, please contact the playgroup on 01598 753336.